The Center for Endocrinology at Mercy offers comprehensive diabetes management programs. Mercy's team of doctors, diabetes educators and licensed dietitians help patients develop appropriate diabetes management plans that include nutrition counseling and glucose monitoring. The diabetes management team offers individual and group counseling to help patients achieve successful day-to-day management of their diabetes.
Mercy’s diabetes nurse educators and licensed dietitians provide:
- Basic diabetes knowledge and management (what the condition is and how it is treated)
- Nutrition management and meal planning
- Exercise and activity plans
- Instruction on glucose monitoring
- Information on the prevention and management of complications, both acute and chronic
- Counseling for the adjustment to living with diabetes
- Problem-solving skills and management of behavioral changes
- Stress management
- Medications if needed
The Center for Endocrinology at Mercy has been recognized as part of the CDC's National Diabetes Prevention Program and by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education.
For more information, please call 410-332-9258.
NEXT: Diabetes Education Classes ›